Thursday, October 30, 2008

w700i Internet settings

I am using internet extensively in my mobile w700i (its outdated now :)) mostly during the 15hrs Bus travel to my native. However the issue i faced was, i was able to use internet only in the default mobile browser. If i tried to connect internet using other mobile browsers like Opera i was always getting "connection failed" error. The same problem happened with other Java based mobile applications using internet.
I asked my friends and i coudn't find the solution, So i was adjusting with the limited features of the default browser comes with my mobile. Last week i got some time to find the solution and finally found that a simple settings change will resolve this!!!!!!

1.Go to Settings-->Connectivity-->Internet Settings-->Internet Profiles
2.Select the profile received from your service provider.
3.Go to Settings-->Connectivity-->Internet Settings-->Settings for Java [this is important. many people will not see this settings(i am one among those)]
4.Select the profile received from your service provider.

If we have a single profile there is no problem because it will be selected by default. But if we have some other profiles for MMS and other things, we need to select the appropriate profile settings.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

bro i cannot setup my phone (w700i). i cannot connect to the internet or wap. it is always connection failed please check internet setting or data blah blah. please help send me the steps here (ryan.mendoza@headstrong.com)

Anonymous said...

please help me in setting up the internet connection of my phone (w700i). send me the details here at ryan.mendoza@headstrong.com