Friday, October 31, 2008

SharePoint designer hangs while opening the default.aspx

This happened to me many times while trying to open the site in the SharPoint Designer. I was just opening the site using the File--> OpenSite option. It opened the site and displayed the Folder List. However while trying to open the default.aspx, it was not opening it. It was showing the message "Retrieving default.aspx" in status bar, then the message disappears and nothing else happened.
I even tried reinstalling SharePoint Designer. It didn't resolve the problem. However i was able to resolve my problem after registering it.

Everytime while opening site, It used to show me one dialog box to register the product. Somehow i was skipping that step manytimes eventhough our company provides us proper registration key. So, while opening the sharepoint site next time i gave the registration key properly in the dialog box. Now its opening the sites and rendering it properly.

I am not very clear about the funda behind it. But clearly this step resolved my problem.

No comments: