Sunday, April 26, 2009

Run Virtual PC at maximum speed

I was executing my deployment scripts in one of the Test virtual machine. The deployments scripts includes uploading form templates,site template,Installing and activating the features and creating the site collection. This was taking lot of time to execute. So the issue was whenever i change my focus to the host operating system the VPC was not executing at its full speed, because of this the deployment scripts were getting time-out errors. So i had to stay focused in the virutal machine to execute all the deployment scripts it will run more than 2 hours.

I was trying various settings of VPC to get rid of this problem and found the following settings to correct this problem .

From the the virtual PC Console window click on the File-->Options. Select Performance from the left menu and choose the "Run Virtual PC at maximum speed". This resolved my problem.


However, the host machine will be bit slow after applying this settings. It was not a big difference to me and it was manageable.

No comments: