Tuesday, March 31, 2009

LoadBalancer.RegisterLauncher failed: Unable to connect to the remote server

I was trying to enable the Internet in my Virtual machine. While trying various steps i found the local sharepoint site and the central admin were not accessable. I was keep getting the following error in the Event log.

"LoadBalancer.RegisterLauncher failed: Unable to connect to the remote server"

Since i was trying many settings changes and many approaches to enable the internet i couldn't remember which settings or the approach was causing the problem.
However, I was able to get my sites back online by doing the following workaround. Still trying to find the rootcause of the problem, most probablly it might be related to the various IP address settings changes i tried. The following workaround resolved the problem.
  1. Start-->Run and type the "drivers"
  2. Open the "etc" folder
  3. Open the "hosts" file in Notepad.
  4. Enter the IP and domain name mapping

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you! You actually jogged my memory and made me check my HOSTS file and sure enough my server name was there but the the domain info was not appended. Once I appended that information manually, the error (Event ID 6102) stopped. Many thanks!

Unknown said...

Thank you! You actually jogged my memory and made me check my HOSTS file and sure enough my server name was there but the the domain info was not appended. Once I appended that information manually, the error (Event ID 6102) stopped. Many thanks!